Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Own Meme... FOR REAL

While following JMT's example and doing that last meme, I glanced at some of my other posts during the year and thought to myself, (and who else would I have been thinking to???? I'm not that good. Yet.) Self... you have some pretty good shit on here. And you are new to this loop of people... perhaps you should toot your own horn for a bit and share.

Now, I am not one who generally toots her own horn. I was taught that that was prideful and that pride goeth before the fall. And, really, who wants to fall? Not I, for sure. However, I really do have some stuff that I am proud of. If you would be so kind to allow me, (there I go... seeking permission... damn!) I would love to share them.

Here are my rules... (Again, I am the Queen here so off with their heads! Oh. Wait! No... I mean... I make the rules! And... off with their heads!)

  1. Paste the first paragraph and one picture, if applicable, of one of your favorite blogs for each month of 2007.
  2. Provide a link so that the readers whom you entice with your wittiness and wisdom can easily finish reading.
  3. Most importantly, have fun!

JANUARY This morning I was up long before the sun, when the sky and the mountains merged as one into the grey liquid dawn. My daughter’s light was on so I ventured across the living room to peek in on her. She was snuggled down beneath her electric blanket with all the covers pulled up around her ears. She was breathing that deep, relaxed rhythm of sleep. She knew I was there, though.

FEBRUARY I am going to recreate a story that was told by an acquaintance last night. (Thank you, Merit, for following your intuition!) The message within the story while being so simple and clearly stated was profound. I heard all kinds of “Ah-has!” going on throughout the room. For me, it solidified a concept that I knew in some ethereal sense, yet had never truly looked at and languaged…

MARCH I decided that the best way to start my day today would be to go try on swimsuits. Yeah. Right.


APRIL “Tips Appreciated,” boasted the handwritten sign. It hung slightly askew upon the window of the drive-thru of a local bagel shop with an excessive amount of tape, which appeared to have been applied by a two year old.

MAY I have been wondering about cancer lately, specifically breast cancer.

JUNE Well... apparently I wrote nothing in this blog during the month of June. So I checked my MySpace blog... and found this...


Yesterday afternoon, prior to going to the bank, I had a session with my Reiki Master Trainer. I sat on her couch and poured my heart open for her to witness. Then, I lay upon her table and, like a sniveling child, sobbed my way through our Reiki work.

JULY The bedraggled old man's sign read:
AUGUST
If you leave, don't leave now
Please don't take my heart away
Promise me
Just one more night
And then we'll go our separate ways...

SEPTEMBER (This was a tough month as this is when I contracted West Nile virus. Many of my posts from this month are on that topic. I found this one that wasn't...)


The intensity of the atmosphere caught my attention. It sounded loud and reckless outside and I felt inquisitively drawn toward the window. I wondered what was happening to make such a ruckus and what sight would greet me.


OCTOBER This morning, on the way to work, I turned my stereo up so loud that I could not hear myself think. I did it on purpose. I have been thinking too much lately. Having my ears and head numb opened up my eyes. As I drove, I spied...


NOVEMBER Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend. As I pulled into the parking lot, I had to wait as a couple of pedestrians crossed my path. It was a long wait as they were quite aged and slow-going.


DECEMBER I feel humbled...

6 comments:

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Wow, you're a good Queen! I thought about doing this, too, but didn't have the time. I'm glad you did, though. Again, all of the first lines make me curious to click further. I'm going back now to read more...

Angie K. Millgate said...

Again... I am most humbled. Is that good for a Queen to be humbled?

Cele said...

Interesting twist on MJ's blog, I've been thinking about doing the first line one, but the pictures add so much too. hmm but I don't do A Lot of pictures.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Cele~

Thank you for stopping by!!! I am imagining that, perhaps, any sort of a distraction for you is a welcomed thing. Given all that is going on in your world.

With love,
Angie

JulieAnn said...

Whoa, I did something similar to this before I read your blog today. Mine is a little different, but damn, close enough!

Angie K. Millgate said...

Well, JA! You know what they say about great minds! LOL

Genius Community Nest