Thursday, December 04, 2008

TT - "The Gift"

I love that my life is a gentle rollercoaster. I love that the dips are growing smaller than the pinnacles. I love that, just as I am ready to throw in the towel, my life shows up to remind me there is still hope. I love that I used to give up long before it was anywhere near time to do so, almost as soon as I had begun. I am appreciating that I can see the progress and the distance I have covered with small, persistent steps. I am appreciating that, through all of my life, I have always wanted "it" NOW! *imagine Veruca Salt* and in my desire to have it NOW!, I have frustrated myself more often than not. And, yet, I have kept going. If there is one thing I can say about myself is that I KEEP ON GOING.

It's my gift to myself, I realize now. I understand that, while things may not always look how I want them to or may not always be what I want them to be NOW!, I am creating in every moment. What I love most is that I can now see how my propensity to "keep on going" is building a beautiful, magical life that I am proud to be living.

Wow! I am proud to be living my life???

*sighing happily*

I had never acknowledge that before. Yay me!

While there may be no store-purchased gifts from or to me this year for Christmas, I am offering the gift of myself to me and to all who care to receive. I feel happy about that.

3 comments:

Cele said...

It is wonderful to see the peace and joy within you. And in truth the best gifts are not ones that are bought at the store, but they are the ones that are given freely with love and joy unexpected.

Kris said...

You work it, Angie, and glow on woman!!!
You must know that there are only a handful of people who truly feel proud of both themselves and their lives: So, you, my dear, are a beautiful manifestation of Grace and Possibility when we embrace the Magic within us and our living. Rock on!

With Love and Admiration,
Kristen

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thank you, ladies!!! :)

Genius Community Nest