Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Really Curious

Sooooo... I'm REALLY curious about something...

I have heard so often in my life about people who go to school full time to get their degree and don't work and they have all their expenses covered. In fact, I have several cousins who are now doctors who claim they were able to do that. How in THE hell do people do that??? I've gone back to school full time, starting this summer (crazy me! I started in the summer!) and I've filled out so many scholarship forms and financial aid forms and every possible form related to money that I feel like my hand is going to drop off. Thing is, though, while I did get some money from my Federal Financial Aid, it was, by no stretch of anyone's imagination, anywhere near enough to get "all my expenses covered."

A friend recently said to me, "I would think, for a single mother going back to school full time to earn a degree and increase her possibilities for the future, that there would be some sort of money plan to support her in that."

Yeah. I agree. But, I haven't found that plan. I don't even know if it exists. Does it?

And, a few weeks ago, an extended family member said, "I heard that Obama passed a bill that if you were going to school full time, you got full unemployment benefits for two years without having to look for a job."

Really?!

So I went on a search.

Nope! Not true.

So, my question to you is... do you know someone who is going to school full time and getting "all their expenses" covered? And, if you do, HOW ARE THEY DOING IT?!!!

No comments:

Genius Community Nest