Sunday, March 01, 2009

Completions!

Recently, I made a commitment to becoming masterful at completions. I am surprised at how easeful it is to get complete these days! I have a story that I'm still riding the wave of successfulness because I completed the book proposal AND sent it off. I am appreciating myself for doing that. I'm also appreciating that my "to do" board has only one item left on it and it is a FUN, CREATIVE project!

Yesterday I decided that, despite (or maybe because of) the fact that I still feel like poo, it was high time to tackle the petite guest bedroom in which I reside. My friend Cheryl, who is a professional organizer, (quell horror!) says, "Did you know that only 10% of people are naturally able to organize things in a logical and efficient way? " Given that I am one of those people, I tend to agree with her. However, when I get a bug to do something (ha ha! funny! get a bug? and I'm sick? Damn! I crack myself up!) I can get it done efficiently and I find some sense of excitment and enjoyment while I'm doing it. Mind you, that happens rarely so, when it does, I go with it. Yesterday was one of those days. I will be complete with the process of binding all my notes and writings and miscellaneous papers that I have had strewn about the place for quite some time prior to nightfall. At that point, the project of "attacking the room" will be wholly complete and I feel envigorated by that knowledge.

There is something amazingly powerful in the completion process. I am appreciating myself for taking this commitment on so completely and also for being observant of the process and resulting outcome, which is giving me cause to celebrate.

YAY ME!!!

No comments:

Genius Community Nest