Monday, January 12, 2009

Powerful


I sit here at my computer, wondering about the focus of this week's Meditation. As I am doing this, a song comes on the stereo on a channel that is playing "Sunday music." I am unfamiliar with this song and yet, I listen. It catches my attention, for some reason. I hear the artist singing about needing to say a prayer, but having no room to kneel. All other thoughts stop as I ponder that predicament, wondering if I hold to that belief...

To continue reading, CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

Cele said...

I personally believe it's all about the conversation, relationship, and committment that you have with God, the Universe, and mankind itself - not the position, clothing, or breast beating done during the action.

Excellent post.

Kris said...

Hi There Angie,

I adore the prayer of St. Francis: Thank you for including it in your newsletter!

The words you spoke this week in your newsletter, sent a shudder through me because of the sheer Truth of what you are saying here: We/I do need to keep That conversation of Gratitude alive and full of loving Faith, so that I may be an instrument of Love in this world. And so, Amen, my friend, Amen :)

Love to You,
Kristen

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thank you, C. I agree.

And, Kristen, I love the prayer of St. Francis too. I'm glad it speaks to you. This particular Meditation was so easy to write and complete. I was surprised, actually. And felt a little scared while doing it because the topic can be so personal for some people. I didn't want to tread on anyone's beliefs or lack thereof.

Genius Community Nest