Monday, December 22, 2008

Uglies


I was at my daughter's school last Friday, celebrating Solsite and perusing their library. She had shown me a book she had checked out this week and it caught my attention. I wanted to read it too. Uglies by Scott Westerfield is an intriguing YA fiction work about conformity and individuality. I am having a grand time reading it and sharing the experience with my daughter.

Speaking of ugly, the sky is that today. It's heavy-laden with dirty snow just waiting to pound the Salt Lake valley. I felt sad for the driver of the Chevy truck towing a full-size equipment trailer. She had misjudged the road on a curve, slammed into the cement embankment, spun perpindicular to the dividers and had plummeted across the ravine getting high centered, breaking her rear axle and descimating two of the four rear tires on the trailer. There was seemingly no hope of ever getting her out of the predicament and only room enough for one car at a time to get around her. Thankfully, she walked away from the crash without any apparent injuries. I felt grateful that I was driving a small car that I know well. And, also, that I had not lost my head and was driving a proper speed for the icy weather.

Ye-eah... I ain't got much else this morning. My head is already into work mode so I am going to go with that. It happens so rarely, ya know!

5 comments:

Curious Curandera said...

Merry Christmas!

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thank You and same back at ya. :)

Kris said...

Your finishing comment burst an image into my mind, Angie (as I was smiling): If we strung all the thoughts that compose our day into a necklace, what *quirky* yet totally mundane beads we would all be wearing!

Thanks for sharing you today :)

In Joy,
Kristen

Cele said...

Two days late, but happy solstice Abgue. I am glad that you drive with your head on straight in icy conditions. While we've never met, it is a happy feeling knowing you are safe out there.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Kristen & Cele~

Thank you both for your continual presence here. Happy holidays!

xoxox
A

Genius Community Nest