Saturday, December 06, 2008

Decisions

I made a decision about two weeks ago that I struggled with for about two weeks until I made it. I chose to return to work, part time and on my terms, with my old boss. Now... before you explode into a tizzy on my behalf, know that everything is going to be okay. The time apart has given us both time to grow in appreciation. It has also given me time to get clear about what I want for myself and what he truly needs from me. It has given me time to spread my wings, feel that freedom and know that that soaring freedom is where I want to live my life.

Going back to work for a few hours every week will give me the cushion I need to get back on track financially. It will relieve some of the money stress and allow me to free up the energy needed to continue to propel me forward. I feel excited and alive when I think about this venture and, actually, very surprised that I feel that way.

Things are a mess there and I feel sad about that. I had things running smoothly, had created amazing relationships with most of the vendors and had a well-oiled protocol. Things that I had taught her step-by-step for specific reasons have not been followed. I am all about using one's creativity to find new ways to do things at work as long as the creativity enhances the process rather than hindering. Ya know?

At any rate... I am back. I feel peaceful, surprisingly enough, about the decision. I feel empowered and... yeah... mostly, I feel at peace.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Dear Angie,

Work does have its place, and as long as you feel empowered by where you have positioned yourself with your working world, I am then happy for you :)
Good luck with the journey!

With love,
Kristen

Kris said...

P.S.:

I wanted to thank you for offering your gift of awakened art with me, in our transaction, and to let you know that I truly look forward to receiving "Ripples" and either putting it somewhere on my alter or near the door I walk of to go into the World. You have a special relationship with living, Angie, and like I said, I will enjoy supporting your dreams and faith in whatever ways I can :)

With Love,
Kristen

Angie K. Millgate said...

K~

Yes, I do feel empowered and excited which is far from what I feared I would feel. Funny how fear can do that to me!!!

And I sent your art off to you yesterday via UPS. They said it should get to you by Thursday at the latest. I am so excited! It looks GREAT! I hope you enjoy it and let me know when it gets to you!!!

With love,
A

Genius Community Nest