Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Tradition

A few months ago, a dear friend of mine, Karen, came to visit me. In her hands, she held money from her and her partner to pay me for services rendered. Then, with a Chesire grin, she pulled from her bra a neatly folded $5 bill. Warm from her skin and smelling of the essential oils she rubs into her glorious, velvety skin, she said, "And this is for you. To spend on something fun. Not bills." Given that she was pretty much in the same dry desert I was in when it came to most things financial, I was deeply touched. I placed it in my bra and there it has stayed.

A few months later, she handed me another $5 bill. It was a refund of my deposit on containers after I purchased some of her FAB-U-LOUS vegan ice cream. It was folded just as neatly as the other one, but she pulled it from her pocket. I laughed and said, "Hey! The last five dollars you gave me came out of your bra!"

She promptly stuffed the bill into her bra and rubbed it luxuriously against her skin for a moment before handing it to me with a grin. "There you have it, then!"

I immediately put the bill in my other bra cup, feeling balanced at last.

Those two $5 bills have been in my bra every day since she gave them to me. It's a sort of comforting feeling. The other morning, I had an idea... what if I did a sort of money spell when I put these in my bra each day???

So, I concocted my own spell

I place this money
Next to my skin
To invoke the Universal Law
Of Attraction to me Herein
To remember I'm in Financial Abundance
And live in Creative Flow
That I am clear on my Yes-es
And clear on my No-s

As I repeat it three times, I focus on the money and really feel it in its place. Since I have started doing this little ritual, every day money has shown up for me in interesting and unexpected ways. I have received gifts. I have been gifted meals. I have been paid for services I had not expected payment for. I have received tips. I have been handed cash. I have been gifted sessions with my mentors. Absolutely amazing. It has been stretching me to open up to receive and welcome in abundance in fun and easeful ways and I feel myself becoming more excited as I get ready to practice my little ritual, wondering how the magic will show up that day.

4 comments:

Kris said...

That is a divine story ... and it reminded me of hearing once, in a lecture, that women's breasts are where we energetically receive ... and so you and your friend's feminine instinct was indeed of the magic women are made of. And, by the way, I have read your brief life story, and I appauled your fierce courage in liberating your being for yourself as the gift you are to be in this world: Congratulations!
Most Sincerely,
Kristen

Cele said...

wooo hooo, you go girl.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Kristen~

Thank you for your loving, kind words and thank you for taking the time to WRITE them out for me! I love it when I discover someone new is here with me in my world and that they are willing to share their thoughts and feelings with me. Welcome, my friend!

With love,
Angie

Angie K. Millgate said...

Cele~

You rock! Thanks for cheering me on and sending love and celebration when I am up and for sending me love and comfort when I am down.

xoxox
A

Genius Community Nest