Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sing!

Go ahead! Press that little play button! Ya know you want to! :)
(if you click anywhere other than the play button, it will take you to the website where I created this player.)

This morning I chose to SING as my ten minutes of creativity simply for the sake of creativity. It seemed appropriate that I chose the Carpenters to accompany me. I have delicious memories of being a young child and dancing in front of our mammoth stereo that was taller than me and ran almost the entire length of our living room wall. I remember standing in front of the speakers that were lattice-work with nubby material behind them and feeling the vibration of the music. The louder, the better, of course. My mom would put that record on and I would dance and sing. Absolute pure joy.

Those feelings came back to me today as I turned up the stereo really loud and danced and sang. I was all of a sudden a little girl again and everything seemed right with the world. I had no worries about how I was going to pay my bills next week. There was no sorrow or fear. There was only me, in my jammies, little and carefree.

ps... that cool little music player was found at http://muzicons.com/

2 comments:

Cele said...

Oh mi gosh this song has a specific memory for me, and it still makes me laugh.

Once when I was about 16 we were driving on the 405 in Orange County the way to my grandparents house when this song came on the radio. I was singing along, my mom started singing, I noticed sybs in the back were singing, the lady in the car to the left of us was singing the same song. The guy in the car to the right of us was singing...on the freeway and we were all smiling.

Strong memory.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Oh YAY! What a fun memory!!! Thank you for sharing it.

Genius Community Nest