Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Politics

I haven't really gotten involved in the political world here in my blog. In fact, I believe there has only been one post specifically about this particular election year. I have stayed quiet because I am uncertain and I feel scared. There are aspects of each of the candidates platforms which greatly disturb me, as well as impress me. I resonate with each of them in certain areas and want to run away when each of them present their views in other certain areas.

There is one candidate, though, who has been hedging forward for me. One candidate who, when they speak, I shudder less when listening. One candidate who, I am realizing as I compare the three remaining, has fewer ideas I oppose and more I support. I appreciate the directness of this candidate. I appreciate the humanness. I appreciate the willingness to address topics that no other candidtate will level-headedly address. I appreciate the concise and unheated responses. I appreciate the clarity. Even more importantly, this candidate speaks to what is in my heart: love, acceptance and embracing of everyone.

America, it's time to do something radically different...

2 comments:

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Amen!

Angie K. Millgate said...

Sing it loud! Sing it proud, Sister!

Halleilujah! (or however you spell that word!!!)

Genius Community Nest