Friday, January 25, 2008

TT - Love Made Visible

Okay... so I did really finish this on Thursday however, due to technical difficulties was unable to post. Also, during the technical difficulty part of my day yesterday, I lost the artwork I was creating to post with it. Damn!

You know how I hate "doing it wrong" so it goes without saying, (but, apparently, I am still gonna say it) I am truly bothered by technical difficulties that "make me" do my part wrong.

That being said...

Love Made Visible

In front of the mirror she stands
Waiting for an answer
To a question she is unable
To speak
To hope
To sigh out into the world
Fear surrounds her as she gazes
Up
Down
Up
And back down again
As the silence engulfs the room
And the answer lingers just beyond
What is love
How does it look
How does she give to others
That which she cannot recognize in
Her
Self
The mirror is silent
Bouncing back statistics she cannot compute
The meaning is lost against the canvas
Of unseeing eyes
And into the depths of a heart
That is accepting of all
Except
Her
Self
She opens wide her arms to hold you
And does so even after you are gone
She bares her soul to your knowing
Only the parts that she is sure you won’t break
She kisses your lips to entice you
And luxuriates in the feel of you
If you will have her
She listens
She watches
She touches
She cherishes
She honors
And yet,
Yet,
She does not
Will not
Cannot
Offer the same for
Her
Self
Because, while love is seen
Everywhere outside
And, perhaps, even coming toward,
She is uncertain, still
What it means to have
Love made visible
Within

© Angie K. Millgate 1/24/08

4 comments:

Cele said...

Ooh, very intriguing.

remember chat tonight at 9 Pacific, I think that is your 10 girly.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thank you, Cele!

JulieAnn said...

Chills....awesome

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thank you, BB :)

Genius Community Nest