Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Confessions of the Fat Girl #8

When I first decided to get healthy and rid myself of this excess person I carry around with me on a daily basis, I wanted to do it in secret. Then, I realized, I have always done it secretly and didn’t get very far at that.

If you want different results, do it differently.

Thus, this public blog that blares my truths to the world.

Thing is, I want to hide when the going gets tough. I want to be able to tell you every single moment of every single day that I am on top of things. I want to be able to write that I am losing and losing and losing.

Such is not the case.

So, then I thought, I could just not tell you when I lose my cool or lose my mind or lose my gumption or gain back all that I have lost. I could just write when everything is wonderful and working like I had hoped.

But that would not be very truthful now, would it?

Staying in the game with this has been, in all honesty, not that fun and, actually, quite difficult. Call it what you want: work, play, goals, games, whatever. It doesn’t matter what you call your battle with the bulge, it is difficult if you are battling a bulge that is bigger than, say, five pounds. And, perhaps, if your bulge is five pounds, then you may be able to relate to the difficulties involved with getting rid of it. I hear that the last five pounds are the most difficult.

Damn. If only I could have that kind of difficulty right now!

A few things I have discovered about myself since I consciously chose to get healthy and get rid of the excess weight:

     -   My weight swings like a pendulum from day to day
     -   I can lose almost a pound in an hour
     -   I can gain seven pounds in a day
     -   If I “lose it” (mind or gumption), the results are disastrous
     -   I really do lose (and gain) inches faster than pounds
     -   Avoiding food after 7:00 pm is a struggle

Results since last report:
Pounds: 1.2 gain
Inches: 3 5/8 inch gain

Yes, well… onward and upward. Or, wait! Maybe that is onward and downward! I guess that depends on how I choose to look at this.

BACK TO DIRECTORY

No comments:

Genius Community Nest