Saturday, December 05, 2009

Meet Me

Hi! I'm Angie K. Millgate and I'm really glad you are here, helping me achieve my dream of bettering this world. I am starting with myself and then, branching outward, touching one person at a time. Thank you for your time and the energy you have devoted to perusing my site.

I have been a single mother since 1998 and my daughter is one of the biggest joys in my life. When she emerged into my world in 1997, I knew my life would change drastically. Being a mother is a huge blessing. But, being a single mother is the hardest thing I have ever done. The world is not kind to those who are alone, I have found. Thus the reason I am doing what I am doing now. I want to create beauty in this world for everyone - no matter race, religion, sexual preference or if they are alone or attached.

I had to overcome a huge stumbling block as I evolved into the woman I am meant to be: I was taught from birth that women are not allowed to be healers. I struggled with the strongly ingrained belief that I was supposed to look outside of myself and to others specifically men – to bring me healing energy, God’s divine blessing. When the first person pointed out that the incredible sensation of blue fireworks exploding in my hands was my Reiki energy, my divine right to heal, I about passed out. I was certain I was going to be sent promptly to hell and would be going there directly without passing “Go” or collecting so much as two cents, let alone two hundred dollars.

As I grew in this journey, I increased my knowledge, strengthened my resolve and became a confident, gifted and highly-skilled Healer. At first, it was an intimidating title to wear, especially given the indoctrination of my youth. Eventually, though, I became comfortable with the calling and realized that I was a presence that held space for others wherein they can find their lost parts. I help people Remember themselves.

It seems that humanity has forgotten its humanity - how to treat one another with love and kindness. I pray that I will be able to do that for those who cross my path. I want to live a life well-lived. And I hope that, when I am gone, I will leave a Legacy of Love for everyone...

With Love,
Angie


No comments:

Genius Community Nest