Friday, July 10, 2009

What Boys Do When They Think No One is Watching

Last night, I was in the kitchen making me some dinner. One thing I've gotta say about being not married... I really love following my impulses when it comes to creating meals - especially on the weeks my daughter is at her dad's and I have the house all to myself. Last night my dinner was a tuna fish sandwich on fresh bread and I thought I had gone to heaven!!!

Anyway... on with the story.

I was in the kitchen and, for some reason, I got prompted to look out the window above the sink. The little boy across the street was in the front yard alone. He was sitting in his beach chair, reflective sun glasses on and his baseball cap. I happened to look out just as an idea inspired him to jump out of the chair. I watched curiously and witnessed the most magical moments. I felt so happy I had followed the impulse to watch because it was something to cherish... so pure, so impulsive, so creative, so full of essence.

He took his ball cap off and and studied it for a bit. Then he put it on, turning it this way and that until, eventually, the bill was in back just like the rappers wear it. As far as I know, there was no music playing anywhere, which made the next couple minutes all the more wonderful because the music was in his heart...


No comments:

Genius Community Nest