Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I Wanted It!

Oh! How I wanted that blue ribbon to be mine! Oh! I really, really did. It's been a long time since I've wanted something that much. Part of the mentoring program I did with Dr. Gay Hendricks was a competition amongst the participants for the opportunity to be hand-delivered to the Big Four publishing houses. I wanted it!

I didn't get it.

Part of me keeps wanting to rise above the sadness and focus on the positive points - I got excellent experience; great feedback from a successful, world-renowned author; created and completed a 27-page professional proposal; yada yada yada. However, I feel sad. Really sad! It seems like it would be appropriate to cry with how sad I'm feeling, but the tears don't come.

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn...

News came in from the mortgage lender. That's a no, also. With my income being cut back over the last two months, I'm now upside down in my debt-to-income ratio. No house for you, Angie.

Yep. I'm sad tonight.

No comments:

Genius Community Nest