Tuesday, January 20, 2009

3:15


I couldn't believe it when my eyes suddenly popped open wide and fully awake this morning and I glanced at the clock to discover that it was only 3:15 am. My creative life is so active now that it is as though I only get naps in. There seems to be so much to do and so much to create. I feel happy about that.


My brother and his wife are amazing. They completed the process last summer to becoming foster parents and our family has already had the priviledge and the heartache of welcoming a little one in and witnessing the transition of the little one back to his mother. I watch these two and marvel at the capacity of their hearts. I feel blessed to be close to a process that has been both joyful and heart-rending. They called me early last Thursday to let me know that they were chosen to be foster parents again. Tomorrow, their new son arrives... a 3-week old baby entrusted to their care. The most incredible thing about this is that these two people are two of the greatest parents any child could have. I love that they chose into this process because every child that gets the opportunity to live with them will be forever blessed.


(I'm realizing that I have a couple of unrelated items that I want to jot down so excuse the bumpiness of this post...)


I wrote a letter last week. Actually, I wrote it on Friday. A day when I was ebulant and overflowing... it read:


I am an artist that works in common, every day mediums. About five yearsago, I discovered your Pilot G2-07 pens and COMPLETELY fell in love withthem. They are my all time favorite writing utensils. I find myselffascinated with experiencing how the ink flows out of the pen as I useit. Your pens are an integral part in my artwork - each piece using theink in at least one entire pen! And, the most exciting news is that myartwork, created with YOUR pens is on display now in my first artshowing as a professional artist. My gallery opening is tomorrow nightand people from all over Salt Lake City, Utah and beyond will gaze atthe 20 pieces I have created. Thank you for creating such a qualityproduct! If you are curious about what sort of art your pens create, youcan visit my website here: http://www.momentsofawakening.com/Site/ArtworkDisplays.html


For 4 years now, I have been saying that I wanted to write Pilot, but never have. I took the time to write them that day and received this email back:


Hi Angie, Thank you for your email message regarding the G2-7 Gel Ink pens. We really appreciate your comments as they help us continue to provide quality writing instruments. We would be pleased to send a complimentary sample to show our appreciation for your business. Your artwork is beautiful and we areglad that we could be apart of it. We wish you much success in your endeavors. Thank you for your continuing loyalty to our products. Best regards, Melissa Hugger Consumer Advisor


WOW! A complimentary sample? Wooohoooo! Bring it on!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Sister, Thank you for that beautiful tribute. We are surely already oveflowing with blessings, but when we look into that tiny, beautiful, little face tomorrow, I can guarantee you that those blessings will bountifully multiply. Thanks for supporting our adventure!

Kris said...

Dear Angie,

I have finally figured out a chunk of your breathing magic: You, my friend, NEVER underestimate the power of the human touch upon everything you encounter and pursue. That is stunning to contemplate for me because I relate most naturally that way in relations and business, and so I admire your sheer brilliant courage in how you show up as yourself to whatever you are encountering ... and the results of that personal, human touch is truly your magic (I think). As I am listening to and starting the journal of Megan Sillito, I am really starting to tap into that power of being who you naturally are best at being and to touch others with your genius/magic. You are a powerful example of an empowered living Woman, dear Angie, and I celebrate you :)

Love,
Kristen

Angie K. Millgate said...

SheyShey~ Honey, it is MY honor to be witnessing the beautiful miracles up close and personal. The two of you are a HUGE inspiration to me. Your love. Your tenacity and your gentle humanity. I love you!

Kristen~ WOW! Just... WOW! Thank you SO MUCH for your feedback and for the adventure of watching YOU unfold and embrace your true being-ness. I am appreciating that you are journeying with Megan and I am loving that you are seeing the effects of MY journey with her over the last seven years. I feel blessed, indeed. Love you!

Genius Community Nest