Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Outside the Box

It was an unseasonably warm December day with clear skies and a blindingly bright sun. We went outside in no more than a t-shirt and were comfortable. I relished the miraculous beauty of the morning, soaking it into my memory for the day that the weather will inevitably change to the appropriate, frigid grayness of winter. I sighed deeply and smiled contentedly.

My sigh was echoed by my daughter as she spun in a circle on the driveway. "Doesn't even feel like winter out here, Mom. Maybe we aren't going to have snow for Christmas this year. Can we go to the park?" ...

to continue reading, go HERE.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hi There Angie~

Yes, I read this story in your beautiful newsletter yesterday, and again was touched by the magic in your daughter's courage and self-assurance. I feel timid saying it, but your daughter inspired me through your story and pictures: She is full of beauty and Life ... and herself. I admire you, and her :)

With Love,
Kristen

Angie K. Millgate said...

Kristen~

That's cute... timid? I smile at that.

You are right, though. My daughter is an AMAZING person. I have known that from moment of conception. She was a miracle baby from the start!

Thanks for being here with me, Kristen.

With love,
Angie

Genius Community Nest