Wednesday, December 17, 2008

500...

Welcome to post number 500! Wow! I am laughing at myself because when I first started this blogging stuff about 2 years ago, I thought it was just a passing phase. HA! That's cute! I am an addict now. I love this! And I'm wondering... are there 12-step groups for bloggers?

At any rate... other than singing kudos to myself about being a blogaholic, I am here for a real reason.

Last week, in the midst of death, I created. At first, all I knew was I wanted to paint. It has been over fifteen months since I have picked up a paint brush because it feels difficult here at my father's house. Sooooo... I just haven't done it. A little part of me was fading away because I wasn't feeding that aspect of my artist's fire. In the throes of grief, all I could think was, "I need to paint!" So I did.

I am really proud of the finished product which I gifted to Nat and Joe in honor of Adrianna...

The text reads:
Adrianna
Beautiful Angel
Bridging two worlds with joyful ease
Co-creative Genius of receiving
Touching our lives with love and peace
A shooting star blazing brightly
A soft whispering wind and blowing snow
Always in our hearts
Forever a part of all we know
Beautiful Angel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, honey. I am doing my damnedest to blog more. I should look at my count - but, eh what the hell . . .

It's strange, though, huh? The more you do it, the more you want it. Blogging is like a drug - or sex. Hmmmm . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh - and I was horrified to hear about Adrianna. We have mutual friends, apparently. I don't know Joe and Nat, but I know friends of friends. :(

Beautiful piece, however.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Hello Shiggy! So happy to see you back on my blog! Glad to hear you are looking to get more... blogging... in! :)

And what a small world this is that you would know someone who knows someone whom I know!

Genius Community Nest