Monday, June 30, 2008

Grrrrrrrrr!

I feel angry.

For a long time, I chose to not advertise my business and opted for the "word of mouth" way of life. It worked for some time, until I got lost in the Nile. When I came to, after that lovely adventure, I discovered I had no clients and, thus, no "word of mouth" to rely on. I made a split-second decision one day while at one my favorite conscious-thinking bookstores and placed several of my business cards on the community cork-board.

Within 24 hours, I received a call. I was elated! Until I realized that the doh-head who was calling me was "not really in need of sessions" because he had "done it all and was good" and he was "only calling because he was curious" about what I did.

The second call came just moments ago from some woman named Leona with an accent so thick and guttural that I had difficulty understanding a word she said. She was calling, "to be up front and honest, I am not interested in healing sessions," but rather because she wanted to sell me something! WTF?!!

2 comments:

Cele said...

Good luck with the business cards, I'm not sure where you should advertise.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Yeah... I am not sure on this one either. I am going back to word of mouth. Seems to be working. Especially since I just started working with one of the biggest names in the community who is 100% behind me and is spreading the word everywhere!

Genius Community Nest