Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trains

I am training my replacement... that young lady who was the "Kate Hudson look-alike" seems to be a perfect fit. She started last Friday and I am giving her all the knowledge I have so that one day she will be able to fly free on her own... as will I.

Presently, my life is going as fast as a bullet train. I feel like I am finally on the correct track - the track that is going to move me forward, toward my dreams. I feel excited and scared and happy all at the same time, which is a euphoric combo plate of emotions. It seems that I am riding in comfort and the scenery is just whizzing past me, full speed ahead, in a blur of inconsequential, undefined colors and swirls. There is no need for me to focus on what is beside me, outside those windows, because what lies ahead is what I am focused on. I am enjoying the peripheral swirling, whirling, brilliant blur of vibrancy and I am aware that all that matters to me is the "here and now" and what lies in front of me.

I am training myself to be who I am meant to be. I am breathing and listening and being curious. I feel excited that I am actually using the skills that I have been training in for several years now. I feel happy that I am seeing the results I have been promised I would see, if only I did what I knew to do. My catch, in the past, has been that I wouldn't do that which I knew. I was happy with the thinking and the being and the creative brainstorming side of things - but the doing? That part was the difficult part for me. Call it lazy. Call it procrastinating. I don't know what it was. I mostly call it fear.

As this train of mine speeds along the track and I continually upgrade my ticket, moving forward through the train, I am realizing that things that used to bother me no longer do. I am realizing that almost everything is not personal - things that people do or say "to me" are things that I can choose to internalize or I can choose to not. In rhythm with the clickety-clackety of the wheels on the track, I am breathing and choosing. Every moment is a choice.

I am speeding along and realizing that not everyone will agree with me. And that is okay. Not everyone will think like I do. And that is okay. Not everyone will see the picture as I see it. And that is okay. Not everyone is even going to like me. And, guess what! That is okay.

I finally like me; I even love me - such a vast improvement! I finally get that my train is my train and the ride can be lovely or uncomfortable. I am finally choosing to have a lovely, good time on this ride. I am finally loving where I am and who is with me. I am finally able to understand that there are those that will never be beside me - or will continually butt heads with me. In that moment, I can breathe and smile and realize that I am still okay.

I love my train!

4 comments:

Cele said...

Oh mi god all that from breathing, you go girl. Now do they have breathing to lose weight?

Angie K. Millgate said...

YES! All THAT from breathing!!! It has been a L-O-N-G time coming, didn't happen over night. But OMG! So amazing what can happen when I DO what I actually have the knowledge to do! Oh... and YES! There IS a breathing technique for weight loss. My Yogi Master just taught me it two weeks ago. It totally kicks ass and I can already feel my body changing!!!!

Cele said...

okay then you better share the concepts of this technique, because my butt is growing as we speak, and it will need another zip code soon.

Angie K. Millgate said...

OMG! You are SO funny, C! I will lovingly share as soon as we are in one another's presence!!! It's a show and tell sort of exercise.

Genius Community Nest