Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sitting

My daughter and I are house/cat sitting for my good friends and we have settled in, much like we did at my brother's house over Christmas. My friends' home is exactly like what I am looking for... a small bungalow cottage with a huge front porch and hardwood floors. I love it here and love being back in the city proper, without a half-hour drive each direction to get anywhere.

Last night, another of my good friends came to hang out with us and watch a dvd. I don't remember the last time I had a friend over to visit, even when I was not living with my dad. It was fun to laugh with her and just relax in a space that already feels like my own, although it is only temporary for a week.

I look forward to the time when a space such as this is my own to call home. I feel excited because it seems it could be just around the next bend...

2 comments:

Cele said...

I hope that life's opportunities will bring you what you need soon. But for now it is good that there are little presents of space again the way.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thanks, C. I am enjoying the gift of space...

Genius Community Nest