Friday, March 07, 2008

A Rose...

Several weeks ago, a friend of mine shared within a group we both attend his bouquet of the most stunning red roses I have ever seen in my life. He had received them from his boyfriend as a token of his boyfriend's love and admiration. My friend encouraged each of us to take a rose home with us, to share in their love.

So I have been closely watching the rose I chose. It has been over 1 1/2 weeks since I brought mine home, lovingly trimmed the end and placed it in fresh water. It is still standing tall and looking almost as perfect as the night I brought it home.

Three days ago, I noticed a new growth on the stem. This morning, that growth is over 1/2 inch long and has two baby leaves shooting out of it.

I feel happy and excited when I look at my rose. I am in awe that the will to live AND grow is so strong within my rose.

How am I like that rose?

I have a strong will to live. Time and again, I have been given the very explicit choice of life or death. Each time, I choose life. I have a strong desire to grow and become all of the potential within me.

And then, I thought about what the rose was doing... It was shared IN LOVE. And now, that love is expanding, growing, shooting off new lives of its own. I am sharing myself IN LOVE. I am expanding. I am creating new avenues and am growing into new, exciting directions. I am scared AND I am moving forward anyway.

I feel happy to see how the love is growing before my very eyes.

4 comments:

Today: In Seven said...

Wonderful post and I like what you wrote as a description.

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi.
I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thank you for stopping by...

Cele said...

awesome post Ang, rose karma I kind of like that snag in the universe.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thanks, C! It is still the most beautiful rose I have ever seen or smelled.

Genius Community Nest