Thursday, February 21, 2008

TT - If I Could Turn Back Time

Like JulieAnn outted about herself in her email reply when Fairy busted out with this week's Talk Thursday topic, I heard Cher belting out a passionate love-gone-wrong anthem in her oh-so-recognizable, sexy, throaty vibrato, all the while clad in some edging-on-inappropriately-revealing outfit ... If I Could Turn Back Tie-emm...


(I don't care what any of you say! She is one fucking hot broad - plastic, nipped, knifed and wrapped or not, she is amazing!)

I was curious about my own thoughts and feelings on this particular subject - once the concert finished and Cher took her bow. I got really silent and just sat there. Waiting.

I got nothin.

In that silent stillness, I realized that nothing would come, no matter how long I waited.

I am tired of fruitlessly attempting to turn back time. I am exhausted by the endeavor of living in the past and wondering why that goddamn ghost of once was does not materialize into something real.

I have gotten a taste - all salty and sweet and gritty - of what it is like to actually live in the now. To actually put behind me that which is that... behind me. I have experienced what it is like to long to go back and then realizing that that longing is a futile endeavor and a big waste of my precious energy. And while this is all so very new to me, this being present, I am clear that going forward is all I want to do.

I know longer wish to turn back tie-emm. That was then and it was good, then. It is what has made me who I am today. It is me.

So in honor of where I am... Right Here, Right Now!


2 comments:

Cele said...

I'm with you, Cher rocks. She might not always have the best taste in men and stage outfits but she is incredible. Sadly, he nasty in poor taste outfit on the deck of a battleship came before cheek implants.

I'm with you, there is no going back.

Angie K. Millgate said...

I would love to be standing in her closet when she picks out her outfits just to hear what she is saying when she chooses. She has totally got to be high or something!!!

Genius Community Nest