Sunday, January 06, 2008

Trapped

Where my father lives, there is this cool spot that allows you to stop and look out over the entire valley and today this vicious storm blew in for about an hour while I was at brunch. It dropped about three inches of heavy, wet snow. I decided I didn't want to be out anymore today and knew I would have a bit of quiet time at the house while they were still at church, so I headed back in. As I did so, I was drawn to the lookout point and was amazed at what I saw...

To the east, it appeared that the storm clouds had been trapped beneath a layer of atmosphere. They were swirling and whirling angrily, as though they were trying to break free...


Add to that, the chilling sound of high-powered electric fields and it is quite an interesting experience.


The effect of standing there, feeling the electricity thudding through the air around me and watching the clouds swirling, it was almost frightening...

(The white stuff above the roof tops are the clouds caught in the distance.)

Sadly, I only had my cell phone with me so these are not the highest of quality pics with me. It would have rocked if I had had my Cannon with me!!!

This lookout point is one of my favorite things about living at my dads.

2 comments:

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Sometimes... but only sometimes... I miss the snow in Utah and the mix of mountains and clouds and weather systems.

But only sometimes. When it's 65 degrees today--a fluke at this time of year, I assure you--I won't be missing it.

Great pictures, Abgue!

Angie K. Millgate said...

Thanks, JMT! 65 degrees, aye! You are spoiled! :)

Genius Community Nest