Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Love, Actually

I am a sap, sitting here sobbing over the movie, Love Actually. Emma Thompson's performance in her role as Karen rips out my heart. Each time I watch this show, from the moment she says, "Be careful there," I am moved by how she so convincingly portrays utter heartbreak. Perhaps it is because I have been there, done that. I feel it... deep down in my heart, that discovery of betrayal and the realization that the crashing sound is my dreams hitting the ground. I feel the fear laced with anger fresh and aching in my gut. I feel that heartbreak and I remember it.

Another reason why I have chosen to stay alone for so long.... and one that I hope will soon fade enough for me to forget the pain and open my arms.

2 comments:

Cele said...

Love Actually is my favorite movie. Thompson does shine as Karen, but Alan Rickman in the moment he realises he's totally frelled everthing up is so amazing. What an awesome movie, cast, and plot. Now I need to go watch it again.

Angie K. Millgate said...

Yes, Cele. Rickman is amazing, as well. Actually, the entire cast is great. I think. Each storyline is heartrending in its own way and how they flow together is so well-written, without any superfluous lines or characters. Glad to know there is someone else out there that loves it as much as me. :)

Genius Community Nest