Thursday, December 06, 2007

Politics

I am listening to Mitt Romney's "Faith in America" address to the Union. Having been born into and raised in the LDS religion, the religion from which Romney hails, I am able to hear the religion ringing through his words, although not in the ways that I thought I would hear it. He was very humble and loveable and believable. I felt proud of him and admire that he wrote this speech himself. He quoted President John F. Kennedy who also gave a "Faith in America" speech stating, "I am an American running for President." He was clear and succinct in how he presented himself in relation to his religion and he came across as open and loving of all religions.

I imagine that, if he is elected, there will be a large number of Americans who cry "conspiracy" and "cult" and various other things. I imagine that, if anything goes wrong during his term, it will be, according to many Americans, because of his weird religion. I imagine that running this country, no matter which religion, is a daunting task to undertake.

Power to you, Mitt. Although I cannot be swayed by tender speeches when it comes to voting for my President, I was impressed.

No comments:

Genius Community Nest