Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Voter's Tuesday


Call me unpatriotic... I do not feel like voting today. It could be because my brain was deposited back in Daylight Savings Time. It could be because I am tired after a night of endless dreams of struggle and uphill climbs of which I cannot remember but feel the remaining vestiges of my efforts. It could be because I have lost all faith and hope in this system we call democracy.

I don't believe it works anymore. I feel as though our "two party system for the people by the people" has become a jumble of lobbyists and oil companies. It seems that the "people" for which it stands have had deaf ears and blind eyes turned toward them. Perhaps that is because I am not voting, you are not voting, we are not voting. Perhaps.

And, perhaps... and this is simply my very humble opinion... perhaps it is time for a change. And I don't see how the change that is needed is going to come through the old ways...
A conundrum.

No comments:

Genius Community Nest