Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Conversations

This morning, as part of my Happy Practice, I chose to use five minutes of my time to share gratitude with the Universe.

At first, I was being silent and just speaking inside my head. I found that, when I did that, my mind strayed easily. So I changed tactics.

I lay upon my bed, arms spread wide, eyes open and spoke my heart out.

As I spoke, I found a profound sense that the Universe was listening.

I continued on, feeling myself thicken into the delicious sensations of gratitude. The atmosphere in my home and outside my window was silent and welcoming.

I spoke aloud, "I am enough," in a slow, languorous

Just outside my window, a bird responded back in the same rhythm.

I spoke aloud, "I have enough," pausing between the strength of the word "have" and enough.

The bird responded alike.

I spoke the sentences each two more times, using different rhythms and speeds. Each time, that bird replied and matched me.

Tears fell to my pillow as I realized that the Universe was not only listening, but was actually carrying on a conversation with me.

God is really there.

No comments:

Genius Community Nest