Monday, March 12, 2007

The Ultimate Gift


Last night I had the experience to attend a movie of which I had no prior knowledge. I have seen no previews. I have heard no buzz. It was a complete fluke that I was there. By far and away, the two hours I spent in that theater could be counted amongst the best hours of my life.

The Ultimate Gift has an incredible cast which includes James Garner, Bill Dennehy and Abigail Breslin. It is a moving story about a young man, Jason (Drew Fuller) whose extraordinarily wealthy grandfather has just passed away. The reading of his will and disbursement of his empire leads Jason through a thought-provoking and life-changing turn of events leaving him and the audience the better for having experienced it.

That is all I will share because I think the opportunity of going into it without prior knowledge is what opened up the space for me to experience it so completely.

I don’t know how long this movie will be around. It has snuck in quietly and may leave just the same way. I highly recommend finding a way to squeeze out two hours of your time to dedicate to this movie. You will leave a better person for having done it. I took my nine-year-old daughter with me and she says that it is one of her favorite movies.

No comments:

Genius Community Nest